Several Portage County groups and agencies have announced what they are doing to help out thoise devastated by the downtown Garrettsville fire.
• Donations to the victims of the fire may be made at Middlefield Bank on State Street in Garrettsville. The bank may be reached at 330-527-2121.
• Monetary donations also can be mailed in care of the Nelson-Garrettsville Community Cupboard, Box 210 Garrettsville 44231.
• Non-perishable food items, household supplies and monetary donations for the Nelson-Garrettsville Community Cupboard will be accepted at the Weekly Villager, 8088 Main St.
• Donations also can made to the Garrettsville United Methodist Church, 8223 Park Ave. Office hours are weekdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., and the phone number is 330-527-2055.
• The Mental Health & Recovery Board at 155 E. Main St., Kent, is a collection spot for nonperishable food items. Hours are weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• More information on how to help also is available at the Garrettsville Area Chamber of Commerce website -- www.garrettsvillearea.com/how-can-i-help.html, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.