Heading Logo

Well-known Aurora builder Thomas Wurm dies

Published: January 15, 2013 11:35 AM
  • 1 of 1 Photos | View More Photos

Calling hours for well-known Aurora home builder Thomas J. Wurm will be Friday (Jan. 18) from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Green Family Funeral Home & Crematory Service in Mantua.

Mr. Wurm died Jan. 14 at his residence. He and his brother Edward operated Classic Homes, building many homes in new neighborhoods of Aurora.

His funeral service will be Saturday (Jan. 19) at 11 a.m. He will be buried in Aurora Cemetery.

Rate this article

Do you want to leave a comment?   Please Log In or Register to comment.

anonymous Jan 20, 2013 10:53 AM

Our deepest sympathy to the entire Wurm family.

Dave and Charlene Malloch

anonymous Jan 18, 2013 5:08 PM

Condolences to the entire Wurm family my prayers are with you. It is hard to believe Tom and Ed built our home over ten years ago,Tom was a first class individual and I will always chersih the memories of building our first home with him and the entire group at Classic Homes.

With Sympathy,

Nick & Toni DiGeronimo

anonymous Jan 16, 2013 9:05 PM

We are shock and so sorry for the passing of Tom. Our thoughts are with you and your family Shi. With Sympathy, Gary & Diane

anonymous Jan 16, 2013 7:21 AM

Shi, what can we say.... our deepest sympathy to you and your family, our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Love, Jim, Toni & Jaime Ann

anonymous Jan 16, 2013 7:08 AM

Shi, our thoughts, prayers and love are with you and your family. Love Jeff & Karen

anonymous Jan 15, 2013 10:34 PM

Shy, Tommy, Matt,and Megan, You have my deepest sympathy. Tommy was such a wonderful friend for many years. We first worked for Tommy and Ed in the 70's at what would be "Deepwoods". I remember walking with Tommy, of course drinking McDonald's coffee, and measuring out the centerline of the new development road. Soon he became a friend, a fishing buddy and later on my woodworking mentor. I miss him terribly already. We all will. I'm so proud to have known Tommy and to have been able to call him my friend. He was indeed an incredible guy. Bill Yarnell

anonymous Jan 15, 2013 9:15 PM

We're gonna miss your smile and laugh on Pelee my friend. Al

anonymous Jan 15, 2013 8:43 PM

Shi, Megan, Tommy & Matt:

I was so very saddened to hear about Tom. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Love Joyce

anonymous Jan 15, 2013 7:35 PM

Shocked and grieved, so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Rich Hamm and Scudder Beach Bar and Grill Staff

anonymous Jan 15, 2013 5:07 PM

I was a big wrestling fan in High School with Tom. No one could tie a person in knots like he could. Rest in peace old friend.

anonymous Jan 15, 2013 3:59 PM

I was also on the wrestling team with Tom. Condolences to friends and family. Via Con Dios Tom

anonymous Jan 15, 2013 3:25 PM

I wrestled with Tom back in the 70's, so sorry to hear of his passing. My condolences to the family and friends.

Kevin McArthur

anonymous Jan 15, 2013 2:32 PM

Tom Wurm was an outstanding individual and someone i was honored to know.Rest in peace Tom

anonymous Jan 15, 2013 1:02 PM

Remember many good times back in the early 70s with Tom. To the family and friends, sorry for your loss. Peace be with you all.